Team Zoot FAQ's
TEAM ZOOT FAQ'S
WHAT IS TEAM ZOOT?
TEAM ZOOT is a family of like-minded athletes from around the USA and Europe. Established in 2008, TEAM ZOOT represents what being a triathlete is all about. Whether it’s toeing the line of your first race or getting that qualifying spot for Kona, you don’t need to be on the podium to be part of the team. TEAM ZOOT is about Ohana. Everyone from beginner triathletes to seasoned Kona qualifiers, Zooters are a friendly bunch who train, and race hard but also enjoy the journey. If you’re the kind of athlete who thanks volunteers on race day, smiles and even laughs when the going gets tough, then you have what it takes to be a part of the team. We rely on TEAM ZOOT for product feedback as we are constantly improving and evolving the very best triathlon gear available.
WHY DOES ZOOT HAVE A TEAM?
Our #1 goal is to create a community around triathlon. We want to connect seasoned veterans and beginners. Our priority is to create a support system for athletes of all levels. We also rely on our Team to help us improve apparel design by often reaching out for feedback. By being part of the team, you are also part of Zoot and we value your feedback.
WHAT KIND OF ATHLETE IS TEAM ZOOT LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for triathletes who enjoy the journey and are passionate about triathlon. Whether you race a sub 10 hour Ironman or you are looking to complete your first Sprint Distance tri, it’s showing up and exuding a positive attitude that counts.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS OPEN?
Applications for the 2019 TEAM ZOOT open on October 2, 2018 and close on October 15, 2018.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I MADE THE TEAM?
On November 1, 2018 all applicants will be notified if they have or have not been accepted to TEAM ZOOT.
DO YOU NEED TO BE FAST OR PODIUM TO BE ON THE TEAM?
No, you do not need to be speedy fast or place on the podium in races. It is more important to us at Zoot that you love the sport of triathlon and want to share your passion for the sport with others. TEAM ZOOTERS encourage others on and off the course!
HOW BIG IS TEAM ZOOT?
TEAM ZOOT has around 150 members from around Europe. Ach country will have a country captain. The captain’s job in the region is to bring members together to train, race, share information, and have fun together! We believe having larger numbers will create a stronger community on and off the race course.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO JOIN TEAM ZOOT AND WHAT DOES IT INCLUDED?
The TEAM ZOOT starter package is a HEAVILY discounted €150 package that includes a Limited Edition 2019 race kit and other great TEAM ZOOT gear. TEAM ZOOTERS also enjoy the following benefits:
- Custom TEAM ZOOT only cycling, swim and running gear at a deep discount
- Discounts on the entire ZOOT online store offerings at Zootsports.de
- Team-only discounts with our sponsor partners. You are not required to train/race with affiliated sponsor gear/nutrition, but we have the best partners in the industry and you will want to use their products.
- TEAM ZOOT gatherings in your region and at races,social rides, happy hours, features on our website, partner brand promotions throughout the year
WHAT DOES ZOOT EXPECT FROM YOU AS A ZOOTER?
Introduce the sport of triathlon to at least one new person. You can bring a friend or family member who has never watched a race to a triathlon. You can encourage someone to toe the line at a sprint triathlon. You can teach an intro to tri swim or transition clinic. The possibilities are endless when you love the sport of triathlon and want to share it with others.
- Plan to race at least 1 triathlon throughout the 2019 season
- Race exclusively in the TEAM ZOOT Kit
- We don’t require an Instagram or Facebook account but if you have one and really like a particular item we offer, share it! Follow Zoot Sports on social media and tag #teamzooteurope.
- Race clean and follow the rules of the race
- Encourage and be respectful of other athletes
- THANK the volunteers!
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, SMILE AND HAVE FUN!
WHO ARE THE TEAM ZOOT PARTNERS FOR 2019?
We have not finalized our partners for 2019 but are looking forward to announcing returning partners and new partners! 2018 partners included Storck, OTTOLOCK, SKLZ, Masters of Tri, Muc-Off and 100%
CAN I BE ON ANOTHER BRANDS TRIATHLON TEAM?
We ask if you want to represent Zoot, to only represent Zoot.
CAN I BE ON A LOCAL TRIATHLON CLUB/TEAM?
Yes, we encourage you to be involved in your local community. We ask that when you race, that you wear your TEAM ZOOT kit.